We will use it when understanding progresses if you share the same image during class.
It is not necessarily used. We will use it as necessary.
Whiteboard screen image
- Upper left: Area for drawing
- Lower side: Area for chat & system messages
- Upper right: various button / mode selection area
How to open the Whiteboard screen
It can not be used before member registration.
After registering as a member, you can open it in one of the following ways.
- Open from "Members page" "Whiteboard" link
- My teacher sends a URL to open Whiteboard and opens it
※Regardless of which URL you open from, you will always see http://whiteboard.dokotera.com on the display, but nothing will be displayed even if you open this page directly. This is because account information is not included in the URL in consideration of security. Please do so by one of the above methods.
- Select drawing mode
- Draw (line drawing) mode
- Fill mode (It can be used only when the background is initialized with "single color")
- Erase Mode
- Scroll mode (Touch environment only (Android / iOS). In the touch environment, scrolling is performed in the same way as drawing, so the drawing area is scrolled in dedicated mode without scrolling during drawing)
- Select Pen Thickness
- You can select the thickness by clicking the pen thickness icon with the left mouse button.
- Select pen color
- You can select the thickness by left clicking on the color icon.
- Text Drawing Function
- In the PC environment, after entering text, you can draw text by selecting the place you want to draw with the mouse and left clicking the mouse.
- In the touch environment (Android / iOS), after entering text, you can select a location by moving your hand in touch and draw text when you release your hand.
- Background initialization function
- Initialized with a single color (This is the first time you opened the Whiteboard)
- Upload and initialize image file (corresponding format: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BITMAP)
- In the case of a large image, it is reduced and displayed to fit within the specified "maximum image size". Please adjust size designation if you want to display large or display small.
- Initialize with text
- Initialize the background using the characters entered in the text box. (You can use it for text correction etc.) (16 / Sep / 2013 function addition)
- Initialization on the homepage (Because the display is simplified, the display may collapse)
- Save image in drawing area
- Resume from history
- Basically, although it is a single line input, if you press the up cursor key in the text box or click the up arrow image immediately to the left of the "Send Comment" button with the mouse, it will enter multi-line input mode.
- In the state of single line input, character input is confirmed with the return key.
- Once comment is sent in multi-line mode, it automatically returns to single line mode.
Since Windows XP can not use Internet Explorer 9 or later, please use Chrome or Firefox when using Windows XP.
If you are using Windows Vista or later please update to Internet Explorer 9 or use it with either Chrome or Firefox.
Frequently asked questions and answers
Question: It seems not to work well. Something is wrong.
Answer: (After displaying the Whiteboard page) Please execute "Reload (reload)" of the browser. In many cases this will work fine.
Question: A display (error) indicating that the version is old is displayed on the Whiteboard screen, and it will not move.
Answer: I'd like you to update your browser (version up) or try a different browser. (See "Operating conditions" above)
Question: A message is displayed at the bottom of the screen indicating that connection to the server has failed. A panda is displayed on the upper right, but I can not see the image that the teacher has displayed and it remains white.
Answer: Please contact the secretariat. I will check it. In that case, I think that you can also inform us the message displayed at the bottom of the screen if you are aware.
In addition, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat.